LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Chill in the air!

I am still posting December 2011 photos for you today.

I love going down to Lake Superior to catch
how different it looks
in the winter.







If you look in the background, you can see the red Coast Guard Station
in Marquette Michigan.
It is one of the most photographed buildings in the area:

















There are deer on Presque Isle in Marquette, Michigan.
I was taking a leisurely drive around the peninsula and saw this doe,
just munching on grass peeking up through the snow as I was driving by:



















I loved this little "ice cap" on top of a rock on Lake Superior:
Even though the wind was howling and it was quite chilly out there by the lake,
I am always invigorated MORE by the beauty that even winter provides there
than the weather....

10 comments:

Tina´s PicStory said...

wonderful pics - worth to be shown also in mai :) have a nice weekend!

Jeanette said...

Love your shots of the doe! The other day I was riding the shuttle to my car at work and while we were stopped at a light there was a doe munching on grass not 50 feet away! She was oblivious to everything around her. Of course I didn't have my camera ready even thought the north campus of University of Michigan is loaded with deer and we see them all the time!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks cold..I do like that red house you caught it in just the right light! :)

MadSnapper said...

the first couple of photos look like a beach here in Florida, looks like our sand, but not as cold as your snow. beautiful beach. love the ice cap

Unknown said...

the photos are beautiful, as usual. The ones of the deer are especially good! enough of the snow, now though! You're giving me the shivers! lol

Fun60 said...

Is that really an ice cap on the rock? I've never seen anything like that.

Merisi said...

These are truly magic memories of cold winter days by the lake, beautifully captured!

Love the red house on the hill, unique.

Red said...

I find the first photo very interesting. I really like the tree on the left. It's an all round great photo.

L. D. said...

One of the things in my bucket list of to do's is to stay near the great lakes in the winter. I have never seen it and really would like to do so.

Terra said...

Beautiful photos and I like the red coast guard building especially.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: